Summit High School Graduation
Mansfield ISD Center for the Performing Arts
1110 W. Debbie Lane
Mansfield, TX 76063
May 26, 2018
Tickets for Graduation
- Seating is reserved (not first come, first serve).
- Each student will receive 8 reserved tickets and 3 parking passes.
- Tickets will be grouped together.
- Every person, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
- Guest admission to the Performance Center’s auditorium - 1:30 pm
Graduation – starts at 2:30 pm
Tickets will be issued Thursday, May 3, 2018 in the SHS cafeteria during all three lunches.
Instructions for acquiring tickets:
- Seniors must return iPad with charger/accessories & be cleared of all fines in order to pick up graduation tickets on May 3, 2008.
- Students will not be allowed to pick up tickets without a current SHS school ID.
- Students not utilizing all tickets are encouraged to return extras to Mr. Peters' office.
- Graduates needing additional tickets should check with classmates for extra tickets.
- Students may sign up for extra tickets from May 3 – May 11 with Mrs. Bates in the Academic Associate Principal’s office. Signing up for extra tickets does not guarantee that the number of tickets requested will be provided. Extra tickets will be dispersed at a place and time to be announced later. The number of extra tickets cannot be determined in advance. Seniors must be cleared of all fines and have a current SHS ID to pick up extra tickets.
- An overflow room at the Center will be set up for live broadcast of the ceremony. Guests without tickets will be allowed to enter shortly after graduates have cleared the room. Please note this may not be until after the ceremony begins.
- No hired video or photography is allowed in the Center.
- No flowers, balloons, noise-makers, or air-horns will be allowed in any part of the Center before, during, or after the ceremony.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the Center before, during, or after the graduation ceremonies.
- Family members and students are not allowed to re-enter the Center after exiting.
- Entrances for parking are located off of Main Street and Debbie Lane.
- Shuttles will be utilized in the parking lot at the Center to assist guests.
- Seating capacity is 5360 and parking capacity is 2000.
- REMINDER – There will be traffic delays due to construction on Debbie Lane. Please plan accordingly as graduation will begin promptly at 2:30 pm.
Please visit http://www.mansfieldisd.org/page.cfm?p=4629#.UnvYieDnbIU to view these updates.
There will be a mandatory graduation practice on May 24, 2018 in the PE gym at 1:30 pm.
- Students will report to the PE gym at Summit High School at 11:00 am as they are required to ride buses to the Center.
- Transportation will leave the home campus 2.5 hours prior to the graduation ceremony.
- Students will stage in the banquet room at the Center, and will enter the auditorium at approximately 2:15 pm.
- Transportation will be provided for students that need to return to Summit 30–45 minutes after the ceremony.
Attire for Graduation Day
- Students are expected to wear their cap and gowns free of graffiti or decorations. Only school-issued regalia (honor stoles and cords provided by Mrs. Bates or a school sponsor) are allowed for the ceremony. Items that are not issued by the school will be confiscated.
- If cap and gowns have not been ordered, please contact:
Jostens - 817-461-6837 – www.goldengraduation.com – email@example.com
- Student graduation attire: Specific campus guidelines will be communicated to students
- Backpacks and purses should remain at home. Any items brought by students should fit into their pockets.
MISD High School Graduation Schedules