Check back often for "news you can use."
News for the Class of 2019:
It’s time to start looking for those district iPads because the MISD technology department will be here April 29th and April 30th to collect your device in the SHS library. You can turn them in early to your AP’s office. Be sure you remove the password from the device. To be eligible for a refund of your deposit, you must turn in everything in good, working condition. Broken chargers will not be accepted. Your graduation tickets will not be issued until your iPad items are returned. You must turn in your device to be eligible to pick up your graduation tickets! Don’t wait to return your iPads.
Our feeder elementary school are planning senior celebrations on the morning of April 26. See detailed information below for each school:
For those seniors who attended Glenn Harmon Elementary,
- You’re invited to join your fellow graduates walking through your elementary school on Friday, April 26. Please arrive at 7:30 am with your cap and gown. Seniors will walk through the halls at 8:15 am. Enjoy breakfast provided by the PTA and faculty, and then following the announcements, we will walk the halls.
- Graduates: wear a shirt from your future college and bring your cap and gown. Bring your student ID or driver’s license to enter. Park in the front or side parking lot and come through the front office. We will have a sign-in sheet.
- Parents: bring your driver’s license in order to sign-in and enter the building. Bring your camera!
To the seniors who attended Charlotte Anderson Elementary:
- Charlotte Anderson would like to invite our 2019 seniors and parents to our Senior Breakfast and Clap Out on Friday, April 26th from 7:15am to 8:45am in the Charlotte Anderson Library. The clap out will start at 8:15 am. Come enjoy breakfast with our current and former faculty and staff and let our CAE choir celebrate you with a performance. We would love for you to bring some old photos to display, along with items from your college of choice and awards you may have received during your high school career. Please wear your cap and gown, honor cords and stoles for the walk and photos!
- Students will need to wear your student ID. Parents will need to enter through the office, bring your picture ID and get a name badge. To avoid the lines parents can come by the CAE office any time before the 26th to have your ID scanned and we will have your badge ready for you that morning.
- We are so excited to celebrate your wonderful accomplishment and hope you are able to attend!! Once a Viking, Always a Viking!
Seniors who attended Carol Holt Elementary,
- The faculty of Carol Holt is excited to invite you to our 3rd annual Senior Walk and Breakfast April 26th at 7:30 am in the library. Enjoy breakfast by the PTA then following the announcements, the graduates will do their walk to vibrant graduation music and cheering students throughout the hallways.
- Please read the details below to know all about this special event. Some of your former teachers and administrators will be attending to help you celebrate your graduation from MISD.
- Graduates-Wear a shirt from your future college and bring your cap and gown. You will need to wear your student ID.
- Parents-You will need to enter through the front office and get a name badge. To avoid long lines, please email Melinda Farrar at MelindaFarrar@misdmail.org so we can get those pre-printed.
- We are very excited about celebrating all our Graduates and their success!
DP Morris Senior Clap Out 2019
- Please RSVP. For seniors who attended DP Morris Elementary, there will be a Senior Clap Out to celebrate your Graduation. Please come in your Cap & Gown on April 26, 2019.
- Please share this sign-up genius with all former Morris students who are seniors and help us spread the word. We will be taking attendance so that you will not be counted absent. You MUST be wearing your Student ID or HAVE your Driver's License to be admitted into our school. All parents must have their Driver's License to be admitted also.
- If you have any questions please call the DP Morris office at 817-299-7860.
- Date: 04/26/2019 (Fri.)
- Time: 7:30-8:30 am
- Click here to register: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080A45A5AE23A4F85-dpmorris
Kenneth Davis Elementary Senior Clap Out
- For seniors who attended Kenneth Davis Elementary, Senior Clap Out activities will occur on April 26. Report to the school at 7:30 am for refreshments in the library followed by a clap out parade through the hallways at 8:05 am. Please bring your student ID and cap and gown.
- Seniors who attended another MISD elementary school are encouraged to contact that school directly for information about Senior Clap Out activities.
Summit Senior Send Off
On May 1st from 10:00-11:00 am, Summit High School will celebrate the class of 2019 with a Senior Send-Off. We will start with a “signing” ceremony in the commons where students will commemorate their commitment to their future plans for next year (college, military, career, or job training). Whatever it is we want to celebrate our seniors and their next steps! Then we will have a traditional send-off around the building complete with drum line, cheerleaders, and drill team. We will finish up in the JV Gym with refreshments, music, and some photo ops for parents. All seniors and their parents are invited to attend. To sign up, seniors should go to https://forms.gle/h37BqgCkbBQJ8Aeo8 and complete the short Google Form.