The Senior Class of 2022 will graduate on Saturday, May 28th at 9:30 am. We will be graduating at the Dr. Jim Vaszauskas Center for the Performing Arts. That address is 1110 W Debbie Ln, Mansfield, TX 76063.
Here are some details you need to know . . .
- Graduates are encouraged to dress business casual for the ceremony.
- Students should wear comfortable shoes. Wearing high heels is discouraged because graduates will be walking a long distance and will be on their feet for a long period of time. Wearing high heels could put a student at risk of falling, especially when walking across the stage to receive your diploma cover.
- Only honor cords and NHS stoles distributed by Summit HS at ticket pick-up may be worn for the ceremony. If you wear any other cords, medals, or stoles, you will be asked to remove them prior to going to your seat.
- Students should leave purses and backpacks at home. Items brought in by students must be able to fit into pockets, girls may carry a small satchel style purse under their gown as long as it doesn’t look bulky.
- Sunglasses are not permitted during the Graduation ceremony.
- Graduates are not allowed to wear air pods as they walk across the stage at the Dr. Jim Vaszauskas Center for the Performing Arts.
- Decorating graduation caps is NOT permitted.
- Prohibited items will be collected by Administrators or SHS staff members and given back to Graduates after the ceremony or at Summit HS beginning on Tuesday, May 31st
Graduation Day – Saturday, May 28 @ 9:30 am
- Location – The Dr. Jim Vaszauskas Center for the Performing Arts – 1110 W. Debbie Lane, Mansfield TX, 76063
- All SHS graduates must ride busses from Summit HS to The Dr. Jim Vaszauskas Center for the Performing Arts
- Busses will leave from Summit at 6:45 am
- 2022 Graduates and Faculty will gather in the SHS PAC prior to loading the busses
- Front doors of Summit will be open at 6:15 am on 5/28/22
- Park in the parking lot in front of C-Hall / SHS PAC
- Summit HS graduates will arrive at The Dr. Jim Vaszauskas Center for the Performing Arts at 7:00 am and assemble in the Graduate Prep Room – Rooms 1 to 6
- SHS Graduates will find their seat in the Graduate Prep Room and collect their Name Card
- DO NOT LOSE YOUR NAME CARD – THIS WILL BE HANDED TO THE ANNOUNCER – MR. PONCE
- Graduation practice will occur between 7:30 and 8:30 am
- Students will be seated on stage for the Graduation Ceremony
- SHS Graduation Video will play at 9:00 am
- Graduates will proceed to the stage at 9:15 am
- Graduation begins at 9:30 am
- At the end of the ceremony, Graduates will exit The Dr. Jim Vaszauskas Center for the Performing Arts and will receive their SHS diploma from their line leader
- Graduates can also collect any personal belongings, such as purses or bags
- Graduates will meet family and friends outside in front of the The Dr. Jim Vaszauskas Center for the Performing Arts (large parking lot)
- There will be a bus available for graduates or faculty who need a ride to Summit HS to pick-up their vehicle
Rules at The Dr. Jim Vaszauskas Center for the Performing Arts
- No hired video or photography is allowed in the Center.
- No flowers, balloons, noise-makers, or air-horns will be allowed in any part of the Center at any time before, during, or after the graduation ceremonies
- Food and drink will not be allowed in the Center before, during, or after the graduation ceremonies.
- In preparation for the next graduation, students and family members will not be allowed to re-enter the Center after exiting.
- Entrances to the Center parking will be off Main Street and Debbie Lane.
- Shuttles will be utilized in the parking lot to assist guests to the front doors.
- There will be medical personnel and Center staff available to help with individuals who are in wheelchairs or have other physical needs.
- There are elevators available at the Center for individuals who have difficulty with stairs.