- The SHS Library is open for business. You can come to the library before school or during lunch to check out books or sign up for the 40 Book Pledge. No pass needed, just your ID. During class, however, you will need your ID and a hall pass. See you in the library.
- Attendance - This next reminder is for the teachers. Teachers, please make sure you are entering your attendance 20min into every class period.
- MOB Crew Info - Do you love to dance? Then you should join The MOB Dance Crew! Come learn hip hop dances every Monday and Wednesday from 3 - 5pm in the Jag Room. Get the chance to perform at pep rallies, basketball games and more! If you just want to learn you're welcome too. The last day to sign up is Today! The first meeting is today after school!!
- Key Club Info - Do you love to help others? Are you passionate about service? Key Club will help you do that! We are a service organization with tons of opportunities to help others. Come check us out in the lecture hall in J Hall for loads of fun and meet some awesome people. We meet every Wednesday starting 9/1/21
- Spirit Days - Welcome to Start with Hello Week, today is Hats off To Being Kind! Today we encourage you to spark a conversation starting with Hello to a classmate you may not know or haven't spoken to in a while.
- The Can Food Drive against Mansfield is happening now. Please bring can food to beat the Tigers in the annual Top Cat Can Food Drive. Seniors take cans to D5, Juniors take cans to F1, Sophomores to K3, and Freshman to H15. Scan the QR code when you drop off your cans.
- Debate Club Info - Summit’s Jaguar Debate team is going to have its first meeting next Tuesday, September 7th. All students interested should talk to Mr. Santanello in room I-1. One does not have to be in speech and debate class to participate in the club. This club will offer you several opportunities to travel the state of Texas to compete against other teams. More than that, being a member of the debate team gives you potential to earn college scholarships. Again, the teams first meeting is next Tuesday, September 7th.
- School Yearbook Photos - School photos will be taken for freshmen, sophomores and juniors on Tuesday, September 14th and Wednesday, September 15th during English classes. Students will receive information about this from their English teacher soon. All staff members will also be photographed on these days.SENIORS: If you missed the summer dates in July, senior photo retakes will be Tuesday, September 21st and Wednesday, September 22nd during the school day. Details will be coming soon about how to sign up. If you have questions, please see Ms. Best in J8.
Yearbooks for sale - Students: You may purchase a 2022 yearbook for the lowest cost all year NOW at www.yearbookforever.com. If you have questions, please see Ms. Best in J8.
Art Club Info - Do you want a great opportunity to meet and collaborate with like minded creatives? Art club is a place where students who are interested in the visual arts can meet and create together. You are welcome to participate anytime and do not need to currently be enrolled in an art class to join. Art Club will meet every Thursday from 3:15-4:00 PM in K3.
Sapphires of the Week - This week's Sapphire of the Week is Success Omokaro and Dancer of the Week is Ryan Clark. The Sapphire's Teacher of the Week is Ms. Guthrie. Last week's Sapphire of the Week was Onur Tribue and Dancer of the Week was Cidney Powell. Last week's Teacher of the Week was Coach Laborte. The Sapphires want to thank both of our Teacher of the Weeks for their support this year!
SHS Announcements Aug 30 - Sept 2