SHS Library Procedures for Students
- If you need help, please ask. The library team is here to help you.
- You must have an official school pass & a current school ID to enter the library from 7:25 am- 2:55 pm (including lunch).
- See a member of the library staff for a lunch pass if you want to come to the library during your designated lunch time.
- Food and drink of any kind are not allowed in the library.
- Remember to use your inside voice. Whispering while collaborating with others is encouraged, but your conversation should not be one that everyone can hear.
Checking Out Books
- You must present your current school ID to check out any material.
- Materials may be checked out for two (2) weeks.
- You must have an official pass and student ID to come to the library and use a computer.
- During school hours, all computers are for school related assignments only.
- Printers are also available for school related assignments.
- Laws and regulations governing the reproduction of copyrighted material are enforced.
- You, the library patron, are responsible for compliance to these rules.
- For copyright questions, see Mrs. Tahaney.
- You will need to pay the replacement cost of the lost book .
- If the book that was lost and paid for is found within the calendar year , a refund will be generated.
- The Summit High School Library Media Center provides a collection of over 20,000 print, AV, and software items.
- As a student of SHS, you have access to subscription databases and the internet through the use of 61 computer stations.